In 2009 I attended BlogHer in Chicago and forged a relationship with Bridgette and Renne that launched the Double Duty Divas. Incidentally, since 09 the Diva network has grown to include over 200 bloggers and the ladies in this pic are those who attended BlogHer 2010 at a very nice Coffee with the Divas meetup. This year the Diva editors-in-chief banded together to take on NYC and received plenty of vaule in the process. In Part I: Conference Sessions I’d like to share some quick tips for bloggers that I took away from conference sessions.
Social Media Session
Video Syndicating: Consider video and syndicating your content for Google juice, to entertain or to build your brand. Make it short and well lit and use video syndications sites such as HowCast or Vimeo. Use all of these channels to get the most benefit and be sure to brand your videos.
Newsletter: Get one out every month or every other month, track stats and develop a relationship with readers.
How to Pitch Companies (#pitchme)
Elements of a Good Pitch:
1. Your Name
2. Blog Title (Not URL)
3. Nature of Blog (Be brief!)
4. Duration (New? Established?)
1. Know the brand you are pitching and do research on the company or product.
2. Think about the portfolio the brand represents along with the companies they currently represent.
3. Understand your own audience first before pitching a company that you feel would be a perfect fit.
4. Be sure you include a clickable link in your email signature and an archive and search box on your blog.
5. Do not send emails which are TL/DR which translates “too long/didn’t read.” Be extremely concise in your writing.
Part II will highlight some of the companies and products as well as bloggers we were introduced to at BlogHer 2010. In the meantime, feel free to check out some of our other blogging tips and be sure to subscribe to Cool Baby Kid via RSS or email for other tips.