Cherry Almond Granola Bars a la Mode
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, chilled and cut up
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 1 21-ounce can ® Cherry Pie Filling
- Frozen lowfat vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large food processor* combine the oats, brown sugar, flours, almonds, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Cover and process until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the butter and almond extract; cover and pulse until mixture is fine and starts to cling together.
2. Pat 3 cups of the mixture firmly into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spoon pie filling over mixture in pan, spreading evenly. Crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over pie filling.
3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Serve warm or cool with frozen yogurt.
* If food processor bowl is small, process mixture half at a time.
Cooking Time:30 minutes