A new product unlike any on the market, Chatman will become your child’s new bst bud while they’re online. Geared toward age 6-12). Chatman (www.mychatman.com) chats with kids, helps with homework, sends reminders about events, features games and apps, and participates in chats online while keeping them safe. With both “boy” and “girl” modes, once taking Chatman out of the box setup is as easy as hooking up to the computer via USB, install and personalize. Either Meeko or Ginger will then interact with your child in various ways including moving his eyes, ears and hands as he talks to them. Check out this video:
So what exactly can Chatman do? Quite a bit actually:
- Chatman moves his eyes, ears, and hands and talks using a built-in speaker and a unique LED mouth sync.
- Chatman comes loaded with two personalities (boy & girl) with over 2,000 chitchats that Chatman says and over 30 customizable moods.
- Chat with Chatman – he understands and expresses emotions like a real friend! Chatman recognizes over 15,000 English words and expressions.
- Teach Chatman – Easily teach him words or create new chitchat actions.
- Have fun with Chatman – Access over 1,000 games, cool videos and more.
- Helps with homework – Ask him a question or browse for the answer. Chatman makes finding info online a breeze.
- Reminders – Keep schoolwork, birthdays, parties, etc. organized
- Download new chitchats and software features from www.mychatman.com
- Chatman is safe:
- Not a stand-alone chat platform so there’s NO STRANGER DANGER.
- Alerts when inappropriate chatting is exchanged on social networks.
- Alerts when inappropriate web searches are attempted.
- Parents can add additional malicious expressions or questions to watch out for.
- Optional safety features will allow parents to:
- Filter web browsing to safe websites only.
- Ensure Chatman is not disconnected by the kids and he is up and running when they search and surf.
- Receive reports of malicious content and dangerous websites that were accessed.
From the ability to download apps such as those adding additional security to your child’s online experience to the ability to add to Chatman’s vocabulary as he interacts with your child, one of my favorite features is his encouragment of communication skills. An educational tool, Chatman also like to just have fun and be a friend too which is endearing to see as a parent.
A sample was provided for review purposes; all opinions are 100% my own.