Through the years, cloth diapers have evolved into disposable baby diapers. It’s kind of similar to fashion, as the years pass by, the trend is changing—the new replaces the old, however, at some point, the old trend returns. It’s the same thing with diapers. Cloth diapers are now gaining popularity as it has many improvements than the old one.
Most of the new parents’ dilemmas are choosing between cloth diapers and disposable diapers. Either which, both can certainly benefit you; whether you’re at home or you’re strolling in the mall with your little one. Even so, if you have been using disposable diapers to your baby, and suddenly you decided to switch to cloth diapers because a lot of your mommy friends are recommending you to, you should probably know the advantages you can get from using cloth diapers, and as well as its disadvantages.
For those parents who have no idea what cloth diapers are—cloth diapers before use pins, with high possibility of leaks, and the overwhelming task of cleaning up. The new and improved cloth diapers nowadays come with snaps or Velcro closures; waterproof, breathable threads—the good thing about this is, it doesn’t require soaking; and most especially the materials used for these cloth diapers are eco-friendly. Going through different cloth diaper reviews will help you to select the best option for your little one.
- Cost Effective. Cloth diapers are washable, thus, reusable. You don’t have to constantly buy disposable diapers in the retail stores such as Walmart, which will probably cost you a thousand bucks, especially when you have a lot of kids who still use diapers, by the way.
- Eco-friendly. They can be considered as eco-friendly since they are biodegradable. Furthermore, you will not produce tons of waste that goes directly into landfills because it is reusable and washable.
- All natural. Disposable diapers are made of polyacrylamide—is a water-soluble polymer that functions as an absorbent. They have a tendency to stick on the baby’s skin; thus causing skin rashes. On the other hand, cloth diapers are all made with natural materials (i.e. Organic Cotton or Bamboo Cloth Diapers) When washing, the market now offers chemical-free bleach.
- Additional Laundry. Since it’s a cloth, you need to wash it thoroughly to remove the stain on the fabric. Washing then make use of extra water and energy consumption of washing machines and dryers during winter seasons.
- If you’re out on a vacation or on the road, removing it can get a little messy. Moreover, you will have a hard time finding facilities to wash it. Hence, disposable diapers are more convenient when you are out and about.
- Yes, the new and improved cloth diapers have this thing called ‘Velcro’ that reduces the leaks unlike the old version of cloth diapers. BUT! In case your baby peed too much, chances are, the cloth diaper cannot handle too much urine; thus, leaks will happen eventually.
Still, the decision is yours. Should you use the old-fashion cloth diapers, or the disposable diapers? Choose what perfectly fits your little ones; consider also if they are more comfortable in cloth diapers rather than the disposable diapers.